||School Board regular business meeting & executive session
• Regular Business Meeting - Tuesday, Dec. 14 (meeting open to the public)
• 5:30 p.m.
• WWPS District Office (364 S. Park St.)
• IMPORTANT MEETING NOTICE: Per State of Washington Department of Health guidance, every person must wear a face covering that covers their nose and mouth.
• Citizens' Comments: The school board provides a period during regular business meetings when visitors may address the board.
• Watch Live: https://wwps-org.zoom.us/j/98449977086
• Listen: Dial 1-253-215-8782 and enter the
• Webinar ID: 984 4997 7086
• Executive session to follow regular business meeting (meeting not open to the public)
||Winter Break Holiday Schedule
NO SCHOOL – Dec. 20 to 31
• Classes resume Monday, Jan. 3, 2022
• Have a safe and happy winter break
||See Something, Hear Something, Say Something – Report It!
Call the police and district officials any time there is a school safety concern or threat of violence.
WWPS SafeSchools Alert system allows anonymous reporting of bullying, threats and safety concerns.
- Phone: 1-855-4ALERT1, ext. 1057
- Text: Text #1057 @tip + your tip to ALERT1 (253781)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://1057.alert1.us
||School bus driver job opportunities
Walla Walla Public Schools has two contracted school bus driver job positions currently open. These positions pay $22.29 per hour and come with a full medical and retirement benefit package. Bus drivers in these positions work Monday through Friday driving the same route. There are also additional opportunities to make more money by driving students to sporting events and other school activities outside of the normal school day.
“Even though it is a part-time job, we consider it full-time, because of the great benefit package and ample opportunities to take on additional work to get to 40 hours per week,” said Transportation Director John Griffith. “We have a great team environment here and modern equipment.”
Walla Walla Public Schools is also looking for substitute bus drivers to fill in as needed. Visit the district’s Employment webpage to apply for these positions: https://wallawalla.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
||Wa-Hi Performing Arts project time-lapse videos
This fall the new Wa-Hi Performing Arts building opened following nearly a yearlong construction project. Check out the time-lapse videos from the construction camera featuring all the construction work. There is a long version and short version of the project.
Performing Arts (long version)
Performing Arts (short version)
• Website: https://www.wwps.org/bond
• Twitter: @bondwwps
Walla Walla Public Schools Bond Program - Delivering on our Promise
Outdoor Winter Ball canceled due to weather
Winter weather conditions in the region are forcing the cancellation of the Walla Walla High School Winter Ball scheduled for Saturday at the Transportation parking lot. School staff and students are working on rescheduling the dance at a future date.
||FREE Winter Hangout – Basketball, indoor soccer and more
Students grades K-12 are invited to Winter Hangout during winter break.
• FREE - Open to all WWPS K-12 students
• December 20, 21, 22
• 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
• Garrison Middle School
• Indoor soccer, Virtual Reality, Switch, Art, Basketball and Board Games
• Snacks provided
• Information: Call Will @ (509) 520-5319
||City of Walla Walla Parks and Recreation Update
• Indoor Soccer – Grades K-8. Cost is $50 until 11/21/21 then increases to $60.
• 2022 Season Pool Passes are on sale! Get your pass for the cheapest price of the season! Prices increase January 1.
Parks and Recreation App! Easy access to game schedules, program registration and more! Download it from your App Store/Google Play Store - Walla Walla Parks and Rec
Please visit our website at www.wwpr.us for updated information regarding recreation programs as it becomes available. If you have questions, feel free to contact the Parks & Recreation Office at 509-527-4527, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
YMCA employment opportunity to support afterschool program
AThe YMCA has job position openings on the bus from Green Park and Prospect Point to the Y's after school program. If you are interested in finding out more information visit our website at https://www.wwymca.org or contact Morgan at email@example.com
||Exchange Club Toy Drive
The Exchange Club of Walla Walla is hosting a toy drive for local children (ages birth to 6). Gift ideas include books, educational toys, toys that encourage parent and child floor play, coloring books/crayons, colored pencils, and so on. The gifts should not be wrapped.
Donated gifts may be dropped off at the following locations before Tuesday, December 14:
• State Farm, Mike Stensrude's office (1616 Plaza Way, Walla Walla)
• Walla Walla Center for Children & Families (1150 W Chestnut, Walla Walla)
Gifts for children ages birth to 3 will be distributed to the Children’s Home Society and gifts for children ages 4 to 6 will go to students at the Walla Walla Center for Children & Families.